Sunday, October 23, 2011

Book Review: Kiss Me Deadly by Michelle Hauf

Kiss Me Deadly by Michelle HaufGenre: Paranormal Romance
Pages: 288
Acquired: 10/11/11
Book of Your Shelf? No
Why I read it: B&N Free Fridays
Series: Bewitching the Dark (2)

Ravin is a witch. Her sole purpose in life is the kill as many vampires as she can. Since witch's blood is poisonous to vampires, she has been rather successful. Her most recent hunt has eliminated several of the foul creatures, including their leader....or so she thinks. The vampire tribe leader, Nikolaus, was somehow able to survive and is now stronger than ever. Nikolaus is now out for revenge. He will stop at nothing to kill the witch that almost killed him.

Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately in the long run, the Devil himself has his hands in the mix. He has set Ravin the task of mixing a love potion for him, only when Nikolaus breaks in while she is brewing, he finds himself strangely and suddenly in love with the woman he has sworn to kill.

I'm very glad that I had started reading Seducing the Vampire by the same author when I started this book. I just couldn't get into much at all. I think the whole love potion thing was just a little too over the top for me. If this one piece hadn't played such a huge role, and mentioned and argued about so much, I think I would have really enjoyed the story.

2/5

No comments: