Monday, November 30, 2009

Weekly Finds - 11/30/09 - One Day Late

School has really been kicking my butt the past couple weeks and cutting into my reading time.  So...there's not too many books to add at the moment because I'm avoiding picking new ones up at the store.  I did pick a couple up these week from contests on blogs here.


Won from the blog Bookin With Bingo.

From the inside cover: Being dead can't put a damper on spirited, holiday-loving Bailey Ruth Raeburn.

Christmas is a time for family and giving, and a wealthy woman in Adelaide, Oklahoma, is about to embrace both.  Discovering that she has a young grandson, the dowager decidess to change her will to leave the bulk of her fortune to the young boy - an alteration that stuns the rest of her family.  But a scrooge of a determined heir makes sure she never signs the new document.  When she is found dead, it's up to that irrepressible spirit Bailey Ruth, on assignment from Wiggins and Heaven's Department of Good Intentions, to pretect a little boy, foil a murder, and save Christmas.

There's only one teeny hitch: how can Bailey Ruth figure out which family member was desperate enough to kill when everyone has a motive?



Another blog winning from La Femme Readers.  The picture to the left is not my copy, but it was the closest I could find short of scanning my own in, which I can't being without a scanner at home.  My is labeled as Advance Uncorrected Proofs - Not For Sale, otherwise is the same.

From the inside cover: Colt was with Julia for a year, but nobody else knew about it.  Julia lived on Black Mountain Road in a mansion - with servants - and had a country-club boyfriend to complete the picture.  But Colt definately didn't come from Black Mountain, and no one would have understood why they were together.  It never mattered to them, but when Julia dies in an accident right before her senior year, Colt is suddenly the only one who knows their secret.  He tries to pretend that life is the same as ever, but he's haunted by memories of Julia.  It gets even worse after the journal she kept about their romance falls into his hands.  Colt searches every entry for answers: Did Julia really love him?  Was he somehow to blame for her death?  But the ultimate question - one nobody can answer - is how he's supposed to get over someone who was never really his to begin with.

2 comments:

Alyssa Kirk said...

I've heard of the secret Year but not Merry Merry Ghost. thanks for giving me a urban fantasy holiday read. Never would have thought I could find one of those!

Hot Off the Shelves said...

I have a hard time finding holiday books (other than Halloween) that I really get into. This sounded like the perfect one for this Christmas.