Friday, September 4, 2009

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

I didn't read this book until after I saw the movie, and I must say that it is much better (big surprise). I have read several reviews that criticized Meyer's writing style, but I found that it fit the story and the target audience quite well. Yes, there were times it was choppy, but any high school aged person tells stories that way.

On to the plot. The plot was somewhat predictable (but I saw the movie first). I enjoy the setting a lot. It's a fitting location for all the characters. The characters seemed stagnant to a certain degree. Bella never stopped getting hurt, never stopped whining about the weather or how much life sucked in Forks. Edward was the typical good guy trying to show he was dangerous.

Overall it was a fun read. I've started the second book in the series, and I'm hoping that not having seen that movie yet, it will leave a more lasting impression. Because even though the story and the characters aren't the best I've ever read about, I still want to know what happens next.

3/5

No comments: