Saturday, August 8, 2009

Just Friends

I orignally picked this book up soley for the cover, three adorable flying pigs soaring through the middle of a dark purplish blue background. As an avid collector of flying pigs it has been sitting in my curio cabinet for several years. I finally decided to read it.

The book shows the story of two friends, Jack and Freya. When Freya hits a downspot in her life and finds herself without a place to stay, Jack lets her sleep in his guest room for awhile.
Needless to say, this causes many good as well as quite a few not good things to happen with their friendship.

The characters are everyday people, with mostly everyday problems that don't get solved miraculously, but with a lot of pain, sweat, and tears by the characters.
This was a great read, and I wish I had decided to pick it up out of the curio cabinet long ago.
4/5

No comments: