Thursday, September 8, 2011

Book Review: Dreamquake by Elizabeth Knox


Dreamquake by Elizabeth Knox
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Pages: 464
Acquired: 08/09/11
Book of Your Shelf? No
Why I read it: Series
Series: Dreamhunter Duet (2)

I read the first book in the Dreamhunter duet as part of the Most Underappreciated Book Contest earlier this year. It intrigued me enough that I went out and got the second. However, about half way through I almost put the book down. The characters seemed to be stuck in a loop trying to figure the same things out over and over again.

Things were just taking too long for me, but I stuck through it and the second half of the book made up it. The characters started to develop again and the plot become involved and was progressing once again.

Laura Hame is once again center stage of the story, and she has finally started to put things together about the mysterious Place. The pieces eventually fell together quite nicely and the story ended well.

3/5

No comments: